Saturday, June 30, 2012

DIY Brownie Bites



You've had the Whole Foods Brownie Bites, right?  They are amazing because A) they are brownies and B) they are the perfect size and C) there is edge all the way around the brownie.  When left in a room with a pan of brownies, I cannot restrain myself.  That pan of brownies is as good as gone...and the corners and edges will disappear first.  I don't know what it is about a brownie edge...just the right amount of crispyness...so delicious....

Woah.  Brownie fantasy.

After realizing that I could bake pretty much anything bake-able in a muffin tin, I realized I could make my own Brownie Bites!  My whole world has since been transformed (well, my whole brownie baking world, but sometimes that feels like my whole world).

Collect the necessary ingredients.  Box of your favorite brownie mix, and whatever else the box says you need:


Mix it all together, and grease your muffin tin really well in each cup compartment.  Then place spoonfuls of the brownie batter in to each cup, almost to the top.  The batter will rise some, so don't overfill.


For baking, set your oven based on the instructions on the box.  As for timing, I start mine off at 20 minutes, and then dip a toothpick in the center of one.  If it comes out clean with no batter residue, then they are done.  If not, then keep them in the oven, checking them every 5 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean.


When they are done, let them cool completely.  I know, it's hard to wait that long.  But this guarantees that they will stay intact when you jimmy them out of the cups.  I slide a plastic knife down  and then along the edge of the cup.  They normally free themselves easily.


Once they are out of the muffin tin, I can't promise they will stick around long.  I call each one an individual serving size, but I've been known to eat more than the recommended serving size in one sitting.  What can I say, brownie edges are my weakness, and you get 360 degrees of brownie edge on each of these.  Enjoy!


Photobucket

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment