Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pinspiring Me to Stencil: A Cute Holiday Onesie!

My baby shower, hosted by my lovely girlfriends, included a Onesie decorating project.  I went home with about 15 adorable, one-of-a-kind bodysuits made with love by my nearest and dearest.  The only problem -- my little man grew fast and furious, and grew out of those Onesies too quick!  Lucky for me, I found this pin of some charming and simple stenciled Onesies: 

So so sweet and simple!

Pinspired once again (and armed with my 50% off coupon), I headed out to my local Michaels to scoop up some fabric paint, tools and check out the stencil options.  I'm crafty, but not quite artistic, so I decided to grab an Alphabet stencil, and a few fun Martha Stewart designs.  Maybe one day, I'll tackle creating my own stencil, but for now, I'll let the pros handle that.



My son's name is a homophone for an iconic phrase in Christmas folktales, and I always thought it would be cute to put a cute, positive spin on it for him. 

My stencil skills were a little rusty.  Actually my stenciling skills were fine, it was the centering, layout and spacing that I struggled with.  Even so, I think it turned out pretty cute.


Homophone. Cole =/= Coal.






I think I will have to dress him in this Onesie when he meets Santa for the first time! 

Pretty stinkin cute!


I promise, I've been a good boy this year, Santa!

Party All The Time:

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. So cute...and I like the onesie too! I'm a new friend too. Stop by and enter my Heirloom ornament giveaway...only 1 day left to enter. Warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. so adorable! and great idea! i love me some wordplay!

    ReplyDelete